As a ministry of the Catholic Church, we believe that a Catholic education should be available to all who desire it, regardless of financial means. St. James is happy to assist families who illustrate a genuine financial need, based primarily on income and family size. Recognizing that many families have this need, we do expect families to acknowledge the responsibility to make Catholic education tuition a priority, and to be willing to make reasonable financial sacrifices to provide their children the benefit of an education rooted deeply in our faith.
St. James Financial aid application process: please take note of the deadlines.
Please note this information is only for financial aid and is step 5 in the application process for St. James. See the rest of the application steps here.
We use FACTS Grant and Aid to process applications.
- The application process for 2024-25 opens on October 2, 2023.
- Applications for 2024-25 are due December 15, 2023.
- You must upload your 2022 income tax return and your 2021 W-2’s when you submit the application.
- You will receive an email notification of your award from FACTS within two weeks of completing your financial aid application. Applications will not be processed if they are incomplete, including uploading required tax documents.
- If you wish to appeal, you must do so in writing, with detailed information about why the award will not meet your family’s needs.
- The appeal will be reviewed by our financial aid committee, and a response will be sent within one week of receipt of the appeal.
- Families must reapply each year.
Financial assistance awards will be distributed to families following our SJA deadlines. Any applications or verification documents submitted after the deadline will be considered for assistance but may receive less assistance than a family who applied within the deadlines depending on if there are still funds available.
These processes have been reviewed and approved by the St. James Academy Board of Trustees.
Could your 529 Plan help fund your child’s Catholic education? Consult your financial advisor regarding this opportunity!
Does St. James Offer Scholarships?
For the 2023-24 school year St. James disbursed $2.1 million dollars for tuition assistance. Nearly 33% of the student body receives financial aid. Students accepted for enrollment may also apply for academic and mission-based Scholarships.