Thank you for your interest in St. James Academy Catholic High School.
Step 1: Complete Your Application Online
- Please create an account on FinalSite to begin the application process.
- Applications received after the deadline will be placed on the waiting list giving priority to those who submitted by the deadline.
Step 2: Complete Checklist Items on Parent Portal
Step 3: Visit Us
- Applicants are encouraged to register to attend a Shadow Day or Open House.
- View Information Here >>
Step 4: High School Placement Test (HSPT)
- The High School Placement Test (HSPT) is a required Checklist item for all 8th-grade applicants to attend St. James Academy. The test will be offered for the SJA Class of 2028 on Saturday, Dec. 2, 2023.
- View Information & Registration Here >>
Step 5: Apply for Financial Aid (Optional)
- All families are eligible to apply for Financial Aid. Financial Aid applications open on October 1, 2023, and are due by December 15, 2023, for new and returning students. More Information >>
Step 6: Complete Application Requirements
- Finalize all required Checklist items by the application deadline of December 15, 2023.
- (Optional) Finalize academic and mission-based scholarship applications by the deadline of Dec. 31, 2023. To be eligible for these Awards, students MUST have applied and their application must be complete.
Step 7: Admissions Decisions
- Acceptance letters will be sent via email mid-late January 2024.
Step 8: Registration
- The registration deadline for accepted students is 2 weeks after decisions are sent out in 2024. In order to enroll at St. James students must submit a non-refundable registration deposit of $300 and must complete all previous steps.
Step 9: Enrollment
- Once admitted & registration is paid, the final step is to begin course selection! Welcome to St. James Academy!
September – December 2023
- Thunder Shadow Day Visits
September 8, 2023
- Junior High Tailgate
October 2, 2023
- Financial Aid Applications Open
- Class of 2028 Admissions Applications Open
November 11, 2023
- Open House
December 2, 2023
December 15, 2023
- Priority Application Deadline
- Financial Aid Applications Due
December 31, 2023
- Scholarship Applications Deadline
- Decision Emails Sent
ADMISSION PROCESS FAQ
What admissions criteria does St. James Academy use to determine acceptance and enrollment?
- St. James Academy wants to partner with any family that is seeking a Catholic education for their child, though at times we are limited by available space and/or resources. In the case of limited space for students, we use the following criteria:
- Johnson County Catholic Parish
- St. James Academy is a Catholic School in the Archdiocese of Kansas City in Kansas and adheres to Policy #6000 in the Archdiocese Handbook of Policies and Procedures.
How many students are admitted?
- This number varies from year to year, depending on the enrollment numbers for other grades. St. James strives to keep the culture of the school mission centered, therefore, we try not to go over 975 students.
Are students required to take the High School Placement test?
- The High School Placement Test (HSPT) is the standardized test that each Archdiocesan High School uses for placement. We ask that all students applying take the HSPT with us in December. Priority will be given to those applicants who took the HSPT at St. James. The HSPT practice test book can be found in most major book sellers.
How many students take the HSPT?
- While the number varies from year to year, St. James receives about 250 test scores. Of those students 250-300 typically will complete the full application process.
Can a student transfer to St. James?
- Yes. Each year St. James welcomes transfer applicants. Students who would like to transfer to St. James can complete the online application or contact the enrollment office any time throughout the year. The school will render a decision within two weeks of receiving the completed materials.
Does St. James offer Financial Aid or Scholarships?
- For the 2023-24 school year St. James disbursed $2.1 million dollars for tuition assistance. Nearly 33% of the student body receives Financial Aid. Students accepted for enrollment may also apply for academic and mission-based Scholarships.
St. James Academy accepts 10th and 11th-grade transfer students. We are unable to accept 12th-grade transfers.
All students interested in transferring to St. James Academy must go through the application process. If you have questions about the transfer application process, contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Transfer Students Will Need The Following to Apply:
- Official high school transcripts
We are able to offer financial aid to transfer students, but it is limited.